1.13.2015

Clarification & Today's Not-Happenin' Happening

Ok. So, after speaking with my translators (Russ, the hubs & Emily, my highly opinionated bff [insert threatening white girl gang sign for friend here]) I need to clarify a few things...

Mainly, the title of my blog- 

You see, when I went to set up this thing yesterday- that was as far as I was planning on going... setting it up.  (I am what you might call a "Small Goal Hoe" in that I like to make a lot of little goals that I can easily do to feel like I am actually accomplishing something big, even though that is often not the case.)  It just so happened that after a pot of coffee and two espressos... and another cup of coffee- I could not shut myself up.  I did not think about the title of my blog prior to setting it up and I thought that I could... and would... change it later.  (I am not sure if this is even possible to do though after it is created, because it is now a World Wide Web link.)  (See how impressive that sounded?)  Anyways- whilst in my caffeine haze, I kind of forgot.  I was also initially distracted by my frustration that there are apparently other people out there with my brain and everything I originally tried to title it was taken.  I found this to be both annoying and disturbing.

But, I digress...


I intended for the word "daily" to refer to my subject matter, not the future frequency of my posts.  (For this, you are welcome.)  I just wanted it known that my writings will mainly focus on the daily crazy things that occur in my (hence the use of "Katie" in my title) day to day life.  This will not be a blog about my extensive travels to the ends of the earth or my passion for fashion.  Although, if I make it out of the house not in yoga pants- I might write about that.  Because, it means I must have done something cool that day.


Secondly, I am technologically challenged-

Seriously.  The fact that I got this thing somewhat running is super impressive.  So, for those asking about "following" it- I am afraid that I just don't freaking know.  I think it might require that you have a goggle account?  It might just be a gmail account?  I am not sure if there is a difference?  I think you can sign up for blog emails?  Question mark?  If anyone ever answers these questions for me I will let you know.  Or let's be honest- I will probably have them write it down so I can just relay the message to you; because, I will have tuned them out way before they got to their point.

Now, today's not-happenin' happening-

I started off my day talking to Emily (luckily later than her preferred talking time of 7:30am) and one of my favorite life subject matters arose: karma is a bitch.  We were discussing something Emily had done to initiate the subject matter, but damn if that bitch didn't show up to see me later.  (I do apologize for using the 'b' word so much, but I really feel that in this particular case it is necessary).

I was in the drive thru at the crack house to caffeine lovers- Starbucks, when I took the following picture and wrote my typical smartass comment on instagram:




(Well lookie there- I got it on here!)

After getting my drink (which was supposed to be a triple, grande, nonfat, no-whip, cinnamon dolce latte) and driving away (naturally), I took a sip- only to find it was not what I had ordered.  Now, I am not super picky when it comes to my coffee (or wine) intake.  I have had the wrong order given to me plenty of times in the past and will usually just suck it up.  (<-- See what I just did there?  Did you get it?)  But, this was not a case of window delivery mishap.  Oh no.  They actually had the audacity to give me steamed freakin' milk with a dash of cinnamon on top!  I shit you not.  No espresso.  No fattening, cancer-causing flavored syrup.  Steamed freakin' milk.  What am I?!?  A CAT?!?!?  No. No, I am not a cat.

This was no accident or coincidence.  This was a classic case of lil' miss karma doing her thang (insert three cross-body sassy snaps, side to side head bob, and stink face here).  I'd bet my steamed cat crack that bitch is a Starbucks gold member.


Meow,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment